Friday, November 2, 2012

Driving Notes

I'm finding driving to be a highly enjoyable feat.
Its forcing me to focus in ways that I've always found hard to achieve, with me being so easily distracted. Well how would I not? A wrong step on the gas or not being able to hit the brakes could endanger a life. It's crazy.

It's also empowering in a sense. It requires you to develop instincts, much like riding a bike but way more complicated. You have to keep in mind the side mirrors, the road bumps, the intersections, the pedestrians, the sidewalks,the parked cars, and more importantly (for a beginner at least), centering the car on the lane.Stressful but fulfilling when you manage to work on bumps smoothly and when you feel that you are able to somehow drive the car well. It's suuuuuper fun. Life ought to give us more good stresses like these. Hehe!

What I'm carefully taking note of is the correct driving etiquette. Use of the pass light, overtaking from a good distance, driving at a safe distance and not doing 'tutok', a respectful way of beeping the horn, and always, always, doing the DEFENSIVE driving. I'd like to be a driver with class. :-) I'm glad to be student of one of the best drivers i know, my tatay. :-)

Will be converting my student license to a non-pro soon. I hope to be confidently driving the streets by January next year. Wee! :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a comment will you? :)