Friday, January 17, 2014

Inspiration on the First Day of Freedom

Yesterday was my first freedom day. Yes, after 3 weeks, I finally got some real fresh air and well, real traffic. Heheh. You wouldn't believe how ecstatic I was! Seriously 3 weeks of house arrest can make you feel really down. So I went to UP for the 1st time for 2014. Sickness is a b*tch though, specially if it dwelt in your bloodstream. :( I could still feel some weakness in my knees, and I still wasn't very much up to UP long walks.

But it was fun! It was a very productive day. Finally got my cellulose fiber, got into talks with DOST-Enterprise and it's quite a promising venture. I'm thinking of really pushing it through if things go well enough. It ended with a chika-date with Moia and also a quick date with my Phelthe-love. :-)

Standing at the MRT, watching all these people rushing and all these mad cars racing each other, suddenly it all came rushing to me. House arrest tends to freeze you and your brain, but being back in the city reminded me of the MANY things that I need to be doing. It is a race against time and I must never forget. I admit I kind of started late, but it's never really too late to push for the things you really want. There's sooo much work to be done! The theme of my year will definitely be Time Management and FOCUS. And my motto is: Shoot lang ng shoot! Hahah!



I resolve to respect time, my time and others. 
I resolve to keep on showing up. 
I resolve to kill my hesitation and just do it. 
I resolve to make time for people I love. And I mean all of them.
I resolve to keep learning and keep pushing beyond my comfort zone. 
I resolve to get out more!
I resolve to keep being grateful and to PRAY MORE. I owe the big guy up there so MUCH!
I resolve to blog more! (got a couple lined up already) And to do more freelance writing. 
And to make love with my pencils and colors again. And get better with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
I resolve to take care of my health. And eat more good food. And who knows maybe even learn to cook. Heehee.
I resolve to learn how to manage my money better. And I resolve to earn more.
I resolve to take care of our Mayolcreations photobooth and we will have more customers this year!
I resolve to keep pushing for 'our goals' (yihee) 
I resolve to create better filenames and labels (haha pramis it's important for sanity!)
I resolve to GRADUATE ASAP!!  And fire up this love affair I'm having with green materials, science, and local manufacturing.
I resolve to know more about the industry in a larger scale. 
I resolve to make more friends and expand my network, because "every man is a golden chain in your link of good". 
I resolve to never assume, minimize gossip, never judge, and always do my best (From Don Miguel's 4 Agreements)
And to keep chasing my passion until I finally be able to visualize it down to the nitty gritty details. 
This is the year where I will determine what I truly want to do for the rest of my life. :-)
I resolve to make the MOST out of this year. 

Don't you agree that the city rush just inspires action and movement? Reminds you that the world really is not stopping for anyone. 

And this lady over here... it felt good to 'create' something again. Two of my dearest friends, suzegee and zanee gave me a pastel set for christmas, and a sketchpad. So while taking a rest from the computer screen, I figured maybe I could try and play with it. So here goes: 

When life overwhelms you, good music will pull you through :)


In the mad rush of things, playing with colors is very therapeutic. It forces you to stop and take things slow because there are no alt+tabs or keyboard shortcuts here. I ought to do this more this year. I just find it harder to play with pastels because the finer details are hard to control. But this particular brand that my friends gave me, "Gallery Artists Soft Pastels", is a nice one because it's almost powdery and makes blending much easier. Plus the texture of the paper was good too. This can be a much more handy way to 'create' as compared to oil colors, which I'm more familiar with. There's also a 'charcoal' pastel set but I'm clueless how to use it. Lol. I wanna learn more! And I want to collect the other colors! Heehee!

P.s. I was watching youtube videos and apparently the finer details are added by using colored pencils or pastel pencils! Hah! I think I can do that. Hahaha. #pagbigyan


Aaaaaand, I'm so excited for the Phoenix Live in Manila concert this Tuesday! Hah! Aint no shaking knees gonna stop me for this! They're the only band that I download flac filetypes for LOL.I learned of them about 4 years ago and I've been inlove with them ever since. They're a French band, not too popular in the Philippines but they're wildly popular in Europe and other parts of the world. Will definitely blog about the experience. :D

Here we goooo!



Aaaaaaaaaaaand lastly. Because I've been thinking of playing with colors and pencils again, maybe I'll be active on Tumblr again. I browsed through my past posts and it's not bad it's actually a fun site. It's where I mainly post my doodles. And I call it Pen-n-Paper-Love :P Do drop by when you have time. :)




Sooooo there that's how talkative I really am when I don't restrict myself heehee! But I just want to spill out everything here so I'd have something to look back to in the course of the year. :-) And I know this will be awesome. I have all the makings of awesome. :-) 


Okay 2014, sugoooooood!!





5 comments :

  1. For every step you make,Il be here at your back to push & support you! I'M IN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wee! we're in this together sweet <3 gawa ka din resolutions mo pakinabangan na naten yang planner mo hahaha

      Delete
  2. For every step you make,Il be here at your back to push & support you! I'M IN!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment will you? :)