Saturday, April 5, 2014

400 Lux - I Want That Orange Juice!

Let me just quickly say this - I officially love Lorde. This kid is something!

And this song:


This has to be the next single and I hope they make a good video for it this time.
I love how this song is romantic in a very urban-real way.

I love these roads where the houses don't change (and I like you)
Where we can talk like there's something to say (and I like you)
I'm glad that we stopped kissing the tar on the highway (and I like you)
We move in the tree streets
I'd like it if you stayed


She deals with youth in a very in-your-face-kind-of-way. I mean seriously, who gets to have their first kiss on top of a hill beneath a mistletoe anyway? It's a stark contrast from your usual sugar pop that idealizes falling in love too much. I love how she is able to paint the usual mundane things about life yet make it sound really wonderful.

Now we're wearing long sleeves and the heating comes on
(You buy me orange juice)
We're getting good at this


Orange juice!! How cool could it get?
And I love how she's a teenager who doesn't talk about boys all the time. Yes young ladies, there's more to life than boys!


I wanna know how far this young lady could go :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a comment will you? :)