Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Meet Tagaytay's Pimped Up Trikes!

 So the other day was an awesome trip to Tagaytay. We got to visit the famous Caleruega Church, and was charmed by the Java Jazz café and I'm very excited to blog about both. But while those blogposts are 'ongoing', what cannot wait is my amusement of my recent discovery - the pimped up trikes!

We're calling them 'pimped up trikes' because these are your usual tricycles built with a little more 'oomph' without getting too loud and jologs. (Have you seen those tricycles that have LED lights all over? I see some of those in Guadalupe omaygad those are just over the top I'll take photos of them when I get the chance.)

Anyway, we LOVE these pimped up trikes of Tagaytay because the interiors are made with a little extra love, just enough to make you feel very comfortable in your ride. For commuters, tricycles are the next most convenient way to get around because there aren't a lot of jeepneys and I haven't seen a taxi either. Just expect the price to be taxi-ish, because it's normally a special trip, meaning you're the only passenger and they take you exactly where you need to go, no stop overs. Thus, the term "taxi-cle". But that's not what I'm blogging about. :p

I couldn't hide the huge smile on my face as a black door swung open for us after a tricycle halted to pick us up. The 'door' was made of synthetic leather, and had a huge window. AND the driver gets to open and close it from the inside so it was reaaaally coool. At least for me heehee!


pimped up trikes




We step in and the next thing we appreciate is how Ray fit perfectly in. I think a lot of tall dudes would share the same frustration with tricycles because they seem to have been built for the average Filipino height, so the 6-footer Papa Ray would always have to hunch his back too low or get squeezed too tightly to fit. This tricycle though, was spacious enough to fit both of us comfortably and even leave room for leg space.

pimped up trikes

The 'ceiling' is also made of synthetic leather, plus cushions, to keep you from hitting your head on bumpy roads.


And excuuuuse me, ang pogi lang ng manibela o!

pimped up trikes


So how does the door open? Here's how it works!


pimped up trikes


Hahaha! I know some of you might get amused at me being too excited about something as simple as this but I can't help but really admire this simple piece of improvisation from our tricycle drivers. We just really appreciated the effort and the details made to make commuting more comfortable somehow.

It reminded me that no matter how small we think our work is, we can always add value. And the competition right now really is more about the value we give to our customers and to our working environment. 

I found a couple of these trikes in Tagaytay you might want to check them out when you visit. :) Ciao for now!

4 comments :

  1. Hahaha!! :) Cool!! :)
    What I hate most about trikes here in Quezon City is the small interior of the trike cabs! :( The trike drivers will squeeze 3 full-grown adults inside their cab when in fact it can only fit two, three if the other passenger is a kid. :(

    I grew up in Rizal and the trikes in our village and even the ones near my previous school in Binangonan have spacious interiors. They're not as comfy-looking as the ones you've posted, but the trikes are spacious enough for someone to stretch out their legs!

    By the way, I appreciate your explanation on how the trike door opens. :) Soooo geeky! :) I like! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear! i know right! it's super small and we're obliged to squeeeeeze ourselves in. not to mention the 'tagtag' and the protruding metal on the sides that can get really painful hahah. tsk that's why i really admired those tricycles in tagaytay heehee.

      Delete
  2. Innovation hehe. May nasakyan akong tricycle noon sa Palawan, may upuan sa likod. Ang daming pwedeng maisakay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ay oo uso yun sa probinsya noh yung meron sa likod. heheh. hasteg lang :)
      salamat sa pagdaan!

      Delete

Drop a comment will you? :)