Saturday, February 8, 2014

MemoryLane Tagaytay - The Real Throwback

Memorylane is a themed restaurant in Tagaytay that takes you back to the 50's and 60's the moment you step on the lawn. It's a big and cozy house that's a gift shop, a massage salon, and a restaurant inside. They're much famed for their big breakfasts, Baby Back Ribs, Sinigang na Lechon, and Bulalo. 

We were super super excited to have a taste of their breakfast however we got there past 11am, and they were apparently very strict that no breakfast meals should be served beyond the 9-11 am schedule and so no matter the pleading (and pa-cute and pa-beautiful-eyes lol) we still got heartbroken huhu. Lesson to future visitors!

The lunch didn't disappoint though. The sinigang was our common favorite!

Great place for reunions! I missed the gang!

But I think you would remember the place more for it's ambiance. There were alot of legit vintage pieces on display, except for a jukebox that called itself "iJuke" hahah.


But you know what I really want to rave about? The RESTROOMS. Yes even the restrooms were themed. Ahaaay I totally found that awesome! I super liked the faucet I'm not sure I think it's made of bronze (see lower left photo below), and the lotion dispenser (lower center photo). I love the fact that they gave alot of attention to how their restroom would look like. I mean really, if a restaurant (or any establishment for that matter) gives its restroom some love, that's an instant three stars and respect from me. 

Alot of vintage pieces from the 60's


MemoryLane is a place you'd go to when you want some good food and a whole lot more good photos. All customers were just clicking away everywhere. And it's so Instagram-friendly, I mean you can finally use the "vintage" filter without looking like you're too trying hard. LOL.

I'd love to take my parents here one of these days. I realize I think I'd want to visit more themed restaurants more because of this trip. Wee!



2 comments :

  1. hi.. open po ba every tuesday? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Here's their schedule:
      Mon: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
      Wed - Fri: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
      Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm

      you can also check their FB page
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Memory-Lane/122038681176204

      Delete

Drop a comment will you? :)