Thursday, February 13, 2014

Giving Up On Adsense

So for the looooongest time. I've been trying to apply for Adsense. 
Because they're the highest paying ad placer for blogs.
And yes because I've been hoping to generate some income through advertisements, i'm jobless a student, remember? Hehe!


However Adsense just has an awful lot of rules before you get accepted, I don't know why but I've been disapproved again and again and again in spite of trying to follow the policies to the letter.

I asked around in the forums and they said they couldn't find anything 'wrong' with the site either, except that Google probably didn't want more sites that featured gadgets because the net is already saturated with them.

But we like our gadgets! I mean, we don't exactly get to have the latest and the best ones out there but we blog and photograph laptops, cellphones, and stuff because we GENUINELY like them and we'd like to talk about it. It would be really sad to have to take them down.

And now, after countless attempts, I'm realizing how I had to takedown most of my blog entries about music because Adsense wouldn't permit links via Soundcloud and Youtube. And that was a significant trade off for me because I'm very much a music lover, people from highschool even used to call me taong radyo and you won't catch me dead without my headphones . Music is my gasoline and it pulls me through the lowest of lows and the highest of highs. But no, I had to take them down. Because I wanted to get some cash flowing in.

And eventually it started to feel wrong.

My decision to really give up was triggered by this short exchange I had with Ms. Gretchen of the Filipina Explorer. I wanted to know if established bloggers like her were motivated by online income, or 'perks' to keep writing, and she said that she" Will keep writing - with or without the perks". 

Aaand yeah, of course she's right. You have to blog for the LOVE of it. And your blog has to reflect nothing, and no one else, but YOU. In our case, US. :)

So yeah, all my music entries are back up! Yey! And you can find them here. And I'm excited to add cooler finds soon! And of course, we'll continue to blog with more wonderful photos and experiences for everyone. 

Goodbye Adsense, hello to writing without limits! :)

4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. lol i doubt if they'd approve it in its current state hahah :P thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Waah, nahiya naman ako with the special mention! I've tried AdSense myself a couple of years back. They approved my ads then took it down after two days, stating my content was in violation of publisher rules or something like that. For the life of mine, I haven't figured out what that means because I NEVER plagiarize content or photos. They've suspended my account since and I could care less. As far as I know, I don't need the ads. Even the top bloggers on Top Blogs don't earn much from AdSense naman din. I salute you for taking the road less traveled. Swerte naman nila, isasacrifice mo what you want to blog about to earn form their ads. Ano, hilo? Cheers to more valuable writing and less BS from AdSense :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. waaa happy to know that i'm not alone. mehehe! :P kakainspire tuloy! :D tenks gretch!

      Delete

Drop a comment will you? :)