Sunday, October 27, 2013

Eargasm Anew - AKG K404 Foldable Headphones


I've always said that music is my gasoline, and it truly is. I like it rock when on I'm feeling hyper or when I need to speed up my pacing. During road trips and work I go for techno  or indie, and when I need a quick 'disconnect' from the world I would listen to symphonies. I love listening to whole albums and discovering new material. It makes me feel alive and keeps me in my element.

Being an audiophile, one of the happiest luxuries that I go for is a decent set of player and headset, but I can't afford the super expensive ones. I try to avoid those in-ear headsets because I my ears feel 'raped' after two hours of use. My last one was the Philips Air Wear Headphones that I had with me for almost a year. It was really pretty and kind to the ears, while still giving a decent sound that could cope well enough with the wide variety of music that I listen to. However it isn't foldable and eventually got a lot of beating from my bag and one of the headphones just stopped working.

After that I couldn't afford another 1k+ headphones so I went back to using earphones. There are a lot of candy- colored headphones out there but they look too "jeje" for me and they only sound good when played loud.

I've been pining for a new headset for months and months now but Papa Ray kept on stopping me from buying one because he said it was too expensive for my budget. Only to find out that he intended to give me one for my birthday! Yeaaah!!

Here's the wa-poise look I had as I opened the gift:


 Wahahaha! Oh joy!

When I opened the gift (which was so nicely wrapped by the way), it was an AKG K404 Foldable Headphone set that comes with a pouch and 2 year-warranty. I was like WHOAAA!

akg k404





AKG is an American owned manufacturer of mics, headphones, and other audio equipment and has been around since 1947. I haven't heard much of them before but online reading showed me that AKG is really known for great sound and build quality. I love that this set of headphones is the kind that I drool over in audio stores but never really dream of buying hahah.

I'm not the kind who always likes the volume turned up loud, so it's important for me that the music clarity, bass, and treble is intact even for medium volumes and I'm happy that my K404 does exactly that.  I just need to get a bit used to the closed design of the headphones because I'm not used to not hearing outside noise and it pisses my mother off when I don't answer her calls. Hahah! I also tend to have to readjust the head band every now and then to relax my ears, as the leatherette cover also takes some getting used to.

akg k404

Another happy thing about it is that it folds  into a compact setup, reducing the risk of getting battered and beaten in the chaos of my bag. :P

akg k404


I just got introduced in the delight of enjoying your music in a whole new way. There were things I didn't hear before but is crystal clear right now. They suddenly feel so lifelike! I was like "Wow ganun pala yun!". Now I understand why these things tend to get so awfully expensive.  I checked the price online (you can never count on him to tell you the price) and found that it's a bit more expensive than the others but is definitely affordable enough for the quality you get (PHP2.3-2.5K according to Unbox.ph).

***
Sunday night and we were going home from Tagaytay. It was drizzling and I was in the backseat of our car breezing along South Luzon Expressway. I have my headphones on as I play Erkyah Badu's "Window Seat" and lean my head on the cold glass, looking at the haze outside as cars of all shapes and sizes pass by. I kill all other thoughts and let myself drown.

"I wanna time travel no more, I wanna be here...So can I get a window seat? I want nobody, next to me  I just want a chance to fly, a chance to cry and a long bye-bye"


Eargasm, my friends. It was amazing.\m/


No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a comment will you? :)