Monday, November 18, 2013

Next Target: The Mind Museum


Ever since I've heard that there was such a place, I have always always always wanted to get into the Mind Museum. :D I've always had a fascination for Museums, having been awestruck by the gold of our ancestors in the Ayala Museum, and being amazed by the paintings over at Bencab. While these two are a celebration of history and creativity, the Mind museum is a grand celebration of science, and promises to be one of the most mindblowing experiences ever. 


I just checked out a couple of sites about it and got really excited about the Universe Gallery. I've always been fascinated with space, I followed the progress of Curiosity and I even have a postcard of the moons of Jupiter in my office desk heehee! When I was in college, I used to lie on the grass of Sunken Garden during evenings and imagine myself in a vertical position, with the stars right in front of me, and it's a surreal experience that I sometimes find myself clinging tightly on the grass for fear I might fall off hahah. Imagine seeing a lifesize model of THE universe, complete with interactive displays of the moon, stars, and the planets. Looking at the photos alone can excite the senses already!

(Official photo from The Mind Museum)



But what I'm MOST excited about is the da Vinci exhibit. It is said to be the only exhibit touring the world that offers the most comprehensive interactive showcase of Da Vinci's works. The man is most popular for his Mona Lisa and Vitruvian man. But he is actually a man of many geniuses, having works that tackled science, mechanics, and art. He was one of the first to appreciate the marriage of art and science. And I think it will be very much an honor to know a great man like him.

And oh, the da Vinci exhibit will end this November 30. Oh dear oh dear!

I just think this effort to come up with the Mind Museum is a great step forward for learning, for all ages. We need more facilities like these, but for now, I think it would be an academic-crime to miss this opportunity.  We'll tell you all about it when we finally get to visit. :D

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a comment will you? :)