Monday, December 31, 2012

Twelve-on-o-Twelve: A Year-end Gratitude List :)


There's been 365 days this year and 365 chances to live, to make it happen, and to let life happen to you. My 2012 has been FULL and AMAZING, that I can only end it with a heart full of THANKS. :D

So I compiled a quick list of of my top dozen super-thankyou-universe-dozen for the year (in no particular order) :D



1.      FINALLY managing to cut my "no-swipe's" at the office. bweheheh. I am one forgetful lady and I know it. But the most harm it has done to me was losing approximately 20-25 days worth of pay last 2010 only because I keep forgetting to swipe out of the office, and at some point got too embarrassed to file for adjustments. Thank God I was finally able to discipline myself to stick to a routine and effectively cut my “no-swipe” down to only 5 this year. Oi achievement na yun!

2.      The gift of “renewed” health. Sometime September this year, we went to a popular Chinese doctor over at Binondo, and I was diagnosed with ovarian cyst, gallstones, and fatty liver. FREAKY! So I went to a ‘real’ doctor and had all of these verified via lab tests and they all turned out fine. I know it’s just a bozo experience but this made me conscious with the things I ate because I swear I had a real scare. I even got to see a matured egg cell in my ovary during the ultrasound it was so cool heehee. I’m healthy! Yey!




3.      Passing Grades for Grad School :D  This year has been my hardest yet. I found myself freaking out late at night every Friday for a probset due the next day, and getting totally depressed for flunking exams that I studied so hard for. I kept asking myself why the heeeell am I even doing this but guess what? I SURVIVED. :D With the help of God who has sent me really kind souls to save me when the boat was starting to sink. heheh. I’m on my LAST core subject and after this it’s just thesis. :D yeah baby!!        

4.      The Rain in the Middle of the Drought. From 2010 onwards, there’s been a steady decline in satisfaction among the employees at the company I work in. We’ve been hit by the economic crisis pretty hard, and I guess things just haven’t been going well. Almost everyone’s been thinking of leaving. But around October of this year, management finally took pity and gave several process engineers a raise. It wasn’t really huge, but enough to be thankful. I just hope they included the support group :/ and well it’s not too late to do so. It sure did help in lifting the spirits of everyone. I'm also thankful to have been blessed with a really good group, somehow one of the remaining reasons why we just couldn't leave. :) :)
officemates dinner


5.      The Birth of DeeTab :D Heehee, I’m just happy to have my Samsung Galaxy P6200 this year. J It’s been a useful companion for managing my online affairs, for reading, and for all around entertainment. It’s become an indispensable buddy and I’m really thankful for it. J And wow it now has a new buddy, a bluetooth keyboard! yey! thanks love!
samsung galaxy tab2 with bluetooth keyboard



6.      “Opportunities”. I feel blessed, to have been exposed to a couple of opportunities that granted me a grasp of how other industries are, and what my value is as a member of the workforce. Actually, these were some of the turning points I had for the year, and tended to really stress me out. These ventures may not have been exactly successful, but the experiences and the people I’ve met have surely taught me a lot. And I know that these will help me in the future. *wink*

7.      Friendships: Old and New.  My huge prayer for this year is that I get to maintain all of my friendships. This is a lesson I learned based on previous mistakes that I vowed not to commit again. Being an unica hija, my friends are like my brothers and sisters, they’re family. And I’m really grateful to everyone who have stuck around even after all these years and tight schedules. I've also made new friends and i'm excited to share a brand new journey with them. I just love, how the gift of friendship manages to keep us all sane in tough times, and help to remind us who we really are when we get carried away by all the whirlwind of events. All my love to you guys!!

friends
   


8.      Supportive Parents: This year has been incredibly busy and I really thank God for my parents who have always been there to listen, comfort me and keep me grounded. You may have been with them since forever but you’ll never really stop learning from your parents. J


9.      Meeting the Segismar-Mayol Clan… would have to be the single most heart pounding experience I’ve had this year!! Haha! I swear I could feel my heart jumping out of my chest! I was so neeeervous!! But all my fears were proved baseless, as they welcomed me with so much warmth and love. J For that I will always be grateful. I’m not used to huge huge families, and I think Ray is just blessed to have a family as loving and as fun as theirs. I really look forward to meeting with them again. J  The Cebu experience was also the time when Ray met with my relatives in Cebu and it was so cool. J


10.   My Partner, the other Half of the Duo JBut of course! For teaching me what GRACE really is about – it’s about receiving all the beautiful things in life, even if you know you don’t always deserve it. Being loved, and loved unconditionally, simply BECAUSE. And being inspired, every single waking day, to be a better person and grow a bigger heart. I love you so much and I thank you for making my world a much more beautiful place. J I have never used the word “blessed” with as much fervor, and frequency, as I have had this year, and most of it is because of you. J




11.   Ze Challenges!! The number of things I’ve been working on this year is also proportional to the number of times I felt like I was being pushed to my limit. Insecurities and self doubt haunted me like crazy, and in as much as these were tough times, I thank God that I’ve been granted these so I would know myself better, and learn which things I should work on.

12.   And last, but of course not the least: This Bloggie!! delighteduniverse.blogspot.com has been our baby since the middle of this year. This has inspired us to get back to things that we really like doing, like writing (for me), and photography (for him). For my part, I was able to flex those writing muscles again and it’s a really great stress reliever. For papa ray, he was able to brush up on his photography skills and you have to admit he’s really getting better at this! We’ve got a lot more ideas in store, and we thank YOU, our dear readers, for checking us out every now and then. J  We promise that this site will be more awesome, come 2013 J

On the cusp: I can’t seem to forget the magic of Baguio this year. It was really wonderful, and I’m hoping that we could get have a leisurely travel again for 2013 in spite of all the time and budget constraints. J

I pray for patience, discipline, and more wisdom for the coming year. May i expand my heart all the more to keep on loving, and that I may become a blessing, in the same way that many people have been my saving grace for the past year.

It’s been a full year, and I’m excited to move forward to 2013 and make a brand new start. Thank you, thank you soooooo much for all the grand things that has happened and we’re excited to hit 2013 with a BANG! Yey!

2 comments :

  1. All I can say is "I LOVE this post!" And I love the couple behind this blog. ♥ Keep spreading the love, you two! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow naman haha... thankyou SO MUCH sis for the support and the LOVE. :) happy for you too my dear! I'm glad things turned out well :D MWAH! til the next kitakits! <3

      Delete

Drop a comment will you? :)