Saturday, December 28, 2013

5 Things To Love About The BDJ Power Planner 2014

I have been a loyal BDJ girl for 4 years now, and I just bought my 5th last week. I was in the verge of switching planners last year but I realized that a planner is a friend. Its nice to know just where to drop your doodles without having to 'familiarize' every year. I think I made a really good choice because my BDJ 2013 was just so packed!  I got to fill up almost all the pages, I even wrote some of my blog posts there so yes my relationship with BDJ is going strong. :)

And for that, I'm listing down a couple of reasons why you would love Viviamo's fab offering for 2014. Again, why would you want a BDJ?

1. It's like a BFF that we have become so comfortable with - BDJ girls know this. What I love about BDJ is that it has the same old format but it is still made exciting by new features, slight changes on fonts and color themes. It gets better but without alienating the users with too much change. :D And because Viviamo is an actual company (that seems to being doing really well if I may add), one can be assured of the continuity of BDJ planners in the coming years as it already has a very strong following. They make sure that your planner is not just like any other planner, it's your buddy. 
Here's a screenshot of a page. If you notice, the lines and texts are also quite faint, except for the dates. This is so you don't get pressured to write strictly within the boundaries of the allotted space. This works for me because I'm an anything-goes kind of person who likes to jot down notes everywhere. :D 

With different theme colors every month and cute fonts in a non-jolog-kind-of-way :)

A one week page has additional spaces for : 'Professional  Priorities', 'Major Goals', 'Personal Errands', 'This Week's List of', and 'This week I'm grateful for' (my personal favorite! Reminds me to always be thankful :D ). 



2. It's bursting with productivity tools that you can actually use.  It's almost like having a personal assistant that  helps you organize and prioritize . The Bills Tracker, Cash Flow Tracker, and the Menstrual Tracker are old time favorites. I always vow to fill these throughout the year but I keep failing haha, hopefully I'll do better this time. It's really useful to be able to see your state of finances in just one shot, most especially now that I'm *ehem* unemployed. LOL. 


The cash flow tracker is basically a monitoring of what you spend, versus your goal, and how much you save. The bills tracker monitors bills and lets you see if you're using up too much or if you're on a sweet steady pace. You can use it for postpaid plans, credit cards, subscriptions, etc.
The Menstrual tracker (excuse me for the men), is a great tool for those who want to predict when your next yoohoo is. There's nothing more annoying than suddenly being caught off-guard (especially when you're wearing a bunny suit *ehem*ehem*aray-that-totally-sucks*).
I love a new tool they have it's called "Blog Ideas", it's perfect for bloggers who seem to just throw off their ideas everywhere hahah I want to use this let's see if it works. One of my New Years Resolutions is to write at least one blog every week so this is perfect. :)
The events tracker is also a new one, this is good for those raketera's and gimikera's who have so many events to attend to.
3. BDJ helps to keep your life - and your goals - in perspective. In many ways, BDJ is almost like a self-help planner. The team devoted a lot of tools for bellas to set their goals and achieve them. There are full pages dedicated to defining what you want, and when you want them to happen. In fact it  would make you want to define your goals even if you haven't really thought of one. 'Focus/Finish", "Advocacy Challenges", and "Share Happiness" are cool new additions to the 2014 BDJ Planner, while "Dream Board" is a huge blank space where you can post photos of your goals and dreams for that visual touch. There are also inspiring quotes in each page that you can read when you're down.


I'm happy that they added more pages like these for this year's planner and ditched the "Wardrobe Checklist" page from last year, because I'm still disappointed that they removed the "Letter To Self" page for that. I got worried that BDJ might be taking a step to a more fashionista- direction but I'm glad they didn't. That's just me though. Not my thing.

4. Coupons! Who doesn't love them? There more than 76 coupons from different establishments to choose them - from high end apparel, spa sessions, salon treatment, pet care, coffee treats, skincare, to food, food and more food! :D My favorites are those from SM Apparel, Parisian (with 2 more coupons this time yey!), AceWaterspa, Coffeebean, and Serenitea.  


You can actually get your next planner free if you use most of your coupons as an incentive from BDJ:
50 coupons- 2 planners
40 coupons - 1 planner
35 coupons - 50% off
30 coupons - 10% off

That still completely depends on you, though. As for me I'm not keen to spend extra just to utilize coupons because I think it defeats the purpose of the discount heehee! #kuripot #estudyanteblues

But this is also a great way to start when you want to try out something new with friends or lover. ;) They keep adding new partners every year which makes it more exciting. 
5. Monthly features to keep you sane. Feature articles are included every month, these are what I call BDJ-Lifehacks because they cover a good range of practical tips for daily living, like packing light, preparing for a job interview, being a household diva, and even posing for the camera. :P I love reading these when I get bored or when I want to relax my eyes from screen displays.


There are more tools than those mentioned here but the above features are my favorite. I'm itching to scribble notes on my planner already but I'm putting it off for January 1 because my love affair with BDJ 2013 hasn't ended yet (one at a time yo). But for those who are still thinking of what planner to buy, I HIGHLY recommend the Belle de Jour Power Planner 2014. You can get it at National Bookstore and Powerbooks for 580 for the original cover and 680 for the leatherette cover. :D

It's worth it!!

Let's do this 2014!! :)

4 comments :

  1. i'm loving mine too! been a BDJ girl for 7 years! :D Almost switched to Everything is Possible Planner this year but I realized I'm so much more inlove with the pages of BDJ! I haven't started writing on my BDJ 2014 too but I intend to start already! I'm so happy to know a fellow BDJ girl! And even happier that you got Maila to try it out! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha lo and behold, the powers of peer pressure. hehe! glad to know another BDJ lady too! :D thanks for dropping by liz happy holidays! :D

      Delete
  2. This looks interesting… I got a planner before but I haven’t even finished half of it. I became uninspired but really I want to do some planning. Maybe I just really bought the wrong one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teri! thanks for dropping by... yes i think most people have a hard time sticking with their planners throughout the year, i'm guilty of that too! but you just have to keep using to get a hang of it then before you know it you can't leave the house without your planner. heheh! have a great one! :)

      Delete

Drop a comment will you? :)