Saturday, April 6, 2013

Silence is Detoxfying


I'm here at the Engineering library to work on a term paper. Students may stick their tongue at me but there's something so refreshing about working in the library for one whole day. I think it's the SILENCE.

For someone working at a manufacturing plant, working means alternating between staying in an office area of 300+ people all buzzing around like bees, and standing in the midst of 500+ machines all wire-bonding nonstop round the clock. You get used to noise. You get used to the fact that you need to think while someone is shouting, and you consider machines as mere white noise. You master the art of willing these sounds to fade into the background. You don't really have personal space aside from the 30 square inches of your office cube. Some don't even have that luxury.

In contrast -  a library. Ahhh. It's Saturday now and there are very few students. I'm hearing nothing but the low hum of the airconditioner. In front of me is a view of trees behind the building. I'm alone in a desk surrounded by books, books, and more books. My mind feels like flying into a vast space of thought and imagination. And hence, this blog.

The library feels very detoxifying.

I need to catch my head though before I get too far, I got a paper to write. And I'm still trying to find the coefficient of thermal expansion of abaca fiber. Bleh.

It's my last requirement for the last lecture subject of my masters degree. Dang it feels surreal.
I still have my thesis to work on, but yuhoo, thank God for helping me get this far. Konti nalang. :)

Have a good day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a comment will you? :)