Thursday, December 26, 2013

Simple and Meaningful Christmas :)

It's Christmaaaaaas!!! :D

I gave myself a 2 week Christmas break and I'm so giggly about it hahah! I'm considering this as a reward break from all that nonstop working that I used to do. For 5 years, a buzz of pressure was always at the back of my head, if I'm not working I ought to be studying, and if I'm not studying I ought to do something productive to make the most out of that precious, precious time. I know things are entirely different now because I can finally tell myself "hush sweetie, calm down, we've got time". :)





'Course this won't go on for too long, I've got a hell lot of things to work on, but this 2 week break is something that I claim for myself and for our family. :) Same goes for Ray, as he left last December 21 to join his family in Cebu, and he sure is having a blast!

Something exciting has been going in our house for the past month. After 20 years, we finally, finally had our house renovated! Weee!

It was a month of nonstop work for my Tatay and the workers, and we had to stay in just one room while the rest of the house was being repaired. It's harder for them because I only stay home during weekends, as I spend my weekdays in Makati.

It's the first home renovation, and the first time to have a christmas tree after a looooong time!

Everything was completed right in time for Christmas, and we're sooo proud of what has been accomplished in a short span of time!

And so, Christmas was spent in the house, pushing and wiping, and cleaning and simply enjoying the new sala and dining area.  Our noche buena was relatively simple, being way too busy to do anything else, bawi nalang sa New Year! 


solo-seattles after shopping, the much-loved gifts from the much-loved people (i swear i loooove them ang galing parang psychic!!), and the new *ehem* house :)

I enjoyed the simple and very intimate way we spent Christmas. During noche buena, I called my parents for a toast to the new house. It felt a little awkward because we don't do that kind of stuff. So I poured red wine on their glasses, had to stop nanay from drinking hers right after I filled her glass "nay teka lang magt-toast pa!!", and then we laughed. And then, "To our new house, Merry Christmas!", there was a millisecond of hesitation, and then the three of us raised our glasses and broke into a smile. :) It was priceless. 

I didn't get to take a photo because I think saying "picture picture!" can snap the magic away. :)

Christmas may be fun, noisy, hectic, crazy, delightful, enjoyable, beautiful and exhausting. But above all Christmas is about our families and what a beauty it is to spend it with them. Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a comment will you? :)