Sunday, December 16, 2012

Why I Don't Want Christmas Everyday (And Other Rambles)

Haha, I'm missing this bloggie. December has been an incredibly BUSY month for us. BUT it was also exciting :D Will post some of the photos soon. PLUS a new venture that we're also quite excited about.

I'm getting a blogpost ready and I'm quite keen with peppering this blog with some product and service reviews :-D  Honestly I'm not very sure yet with the niche that I'd like to focus in, but while we're at it, I'll shoot in whatever comes to mind and whatever we're exploring at the moment and I tell you it's quite a handful! hehe! It's really fun to plan things and daydream and get some of these plans kicking. :D :D

Christmas is coming, yey for Papa Jesus and for celebrating relationships! :D Parties abound, reunions are on the way. And I'm really thankful that we have seasons like these. Some say that Christmas is merely a pagan ritual and that we're not really supposed to be celebrating Jesus. But seriously who cares? haha.





I think most of our celebrations are just arbitrary anyway, meaning we can't possibly pinpoint actual dates and expect accuracy because of the looong history that it has come from (btw this long lineage is one of the things that make me proud of being a catholic :-)  ), plus we've been using different calendars and there are way too many events that have happened in between. What's important is that we remember, and that we celebrate. :)

Plus you have to admit that this once-a-year good vibes is something we all really value. People say that everyday should be spent like Christmas  and I'm sorry but I think it's just impractical. heheh! For one, how on earth would you buy people gifts the whole year round?LOL.

Second, well, lets face it, living is CRAZY, the world is getting nuts by the minute, and positivity takes a lot of effort. SO, if everyday was Christmas we'd start taking it for granted. And rid it of the special treatment and just hang it with our natural stressed out, tired selves. We don't want that. We want a moment where we could just flex our muscles and have an excuse to rid ourselves from our routines. We want a moment to pause from the rat race and remember ALL the things that make our hearts smile. Don't get me wrong, I think everyone should take a break from all the stress every once in a while, and definitely more than once a year, but I think we still need that one season wherein ALL citizens of the world come down in a synchronized well of positivity, goodwill, and cheer, and say:
HELLOOOO CHRISTMAS! :)

And you know what? I'm really excited for the new year. :D Lately I've been getting too stressed. Overthinking probably. There were a lot promises i made to myself that i wasn't able to fulfill, and i'm just raring to have a new start.

I'm excited for the new year because I'm excited to make that all too overrated NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION :D :D heehee! I won't spill it now, to save it for the New Year, but I'm really thankful that every year has an end, and a start. What would life be like if it was only a long continuum of events?
I'm excited to end this year because I know I definitely had a FULL one, and I'm looking forward to taking time to keep things in check before the year ends, and start 2013 with a much better perspective.

I'm excited and I'm looking forward to a LOT of things right now, so yes, LET'S DO THIS!

Happy Christmas Everyone!! - Deelight and Papa Ray :D :D






No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a comment will you? :)